The next power and know-how associated measures handed each the state Home and Senate in the course of the 2021 Connecticut Common Meeting session and are ready the governor’s motion.
- SB 952: Requires the state Division of Power and Environmental Safety to ascertain power storage objectives equaling 300 MW by December 2024, 650 MW by the top of 2027, and 1k MW by December 2030. The invoice requires PURA to provoke proceedings to develop and implement packages related to funding mechanisms for electrical power storage assets and descriptions DEEP solicitation and procurement methods. DEEP and PURA should report again to the Energy and Technology Committee relating to progress and implementation of the contemplated power storage objectives.
- SB 999: Requires sure renewable power tasks that exceed 2 MW in capability to adjust to pricey mission growth necessities present in mission labor and neighborhood profit agreements, together with paying prevailing and normal wages.
- HB 6524: Requires electrical distribution corporations to solicit proposals to amass new gasoline cell electrical energy technology tasks. The proposal limits the whole mixture quantity of mission capability procured below this system to be not more than 30 MW, apportioned primarily based on EDC distribution load. PURA could have oversight to guage/approve such plans.
- HB 6526: Prohibits electrical suppliers from charging a residential buyer a variable charge for electrical technology companies and deems any contract between an electrical provider and a residential buyer that features variable charges null and void. The invoice prohibits provider contracts with termination charges or early cancellation charges for residential clients.
Along with the above, CBIA carefully tracked and testified on the next power proposals. These proposals didn’t move earlier than the shut of the common session.
- SB 855: Decoupled the Public Utilities Regulatory Authority from DEEP. The invoice was amended to direct the Workplace and Coverage Administration to conduct a examine with DEEP and PURA to find out find out how to decouple the 2 entities and report again to the legislature subsequent session.
- SB 882: Required the state to cut back the extent of emissions of greenhouse fuel by Jan. 1, 2040 to zero % from electrical energy provided to electrical clients. It require EDCs to file zero carbon demand discount fashions/proposals and description DEEP’s evaluation of such proposals.
- SB 950: Mandated the time-frame for the position of traces, conduits, cables, wires, and different gear on changed public utility poles and expedite sure tree trimming or elimination processes.
For extra data, contact CBIA’s John Blair (860.244.1921).